The case is painted in black with dimensions 230 x 513 x 517.5mm and weight of 8.3 kg. According to CM Storm the materials used in Scout 2 are Polymer, Coated Steel Mesh and Bod.
CM Storm Scout 2 can handle motherboards with dimensions according the Micro-ATX, ATX standards, up to 7 expansion cards and a power supply on the bottom of the case. The case offers 3 x 5.25″ exposed, 7 x 3.5″ hidden or 2 x 2.5″ converted from 3,5″ bays.
The I/O connectors are on top part of the front pannel and are USB 3.0 x 2 (int.), USB 2.0 x 2, Mic x 1, Audio x 1 (supports AC97 / HD Audio).
The cooling of the products installed inside the case is done via:
- 2 x 120mm fans (optional) on top panel
- 2 x 120mm fans or 140mm fan x 1 (optional) on the front panel
- 1 x 120mm red LED fan with LED on/off function on the rear panel
- 1 x 120mm fan (optional) on the bottom panel
- 2 x 120mm fan (optional) on the side panel
- 1 x 120mm fan (optional) as a HDD cage fan
According to CM Storm the case can handle:
- VGA card length: 287mm (with HDD cage); 399mm (without HDD cage)
- CPU cooler height: 147mm (with side fan); 162mm (without side fan)