SilverStone Kublai KL05 is designed as a middle tower ATX case with two versions:
- SST-KL05B-W designed with mesh front panel and steel body
- SST-KL05B-Q designed with plastic front panel and steel body
Both of the cases are with dimensions of 200mm (W) x 525mm (H) x 494mm (D) with overall weight of 6.8Kg for KL05-Q and 6.9Kg for KL05-W.
According to the official technical details provided from the company the case is compatible with motherboards according to the ATX , Micro-ATX standards. Also it could be a home for standard PS2(ATX) power supply, up to 8 expansion cards with maximum length of 400mm (if the additional drives bay is removed) and CPU cooler with maximum height of 165mm.
The case is made to be used with up to 2 x external 5.25” devices, 6 x internal 3.5″ or 6 x 2.5” devices. Apart from that the case offers 2 x internal 2.5” bays.
All of the 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x Audio and 1 x MIC ports are located on the top side of the front panel.
The cooling process of the hardware which will be installed inside the case is done by:
- 2 x 120mm or 140mm fan slots on the front panel. The case itself is equipped with only 1 x 120mm intake fan
- 1 x 120mm fan slot on the rear panel. There is no fan included.
- 2 x 120mm or 140mm fan slots on the top panel which are compatible with 240 or 280mm AIO radiators.
- 2 x 120mm fan slots on the bottom panel. There are no fans included
The case itself is equipped with dust filters for the bottom fans.